Gratitude is a powerful thing to practice. Get into the habit of being grateful for all that you have in your life right here, right now, and I promise you your life will change for the better.
- Saying “thank you” and showing appreciation will help you make new connections and friends.
- Grateful people generally have an overall healthier lifestyle. They tend to make better nutritional choices and exercise more often.
- Grateful people cheer on their colleague’s success. They are more at peace within themselves and have higher self-esteem, self-worth and are more confident.
- Being grateful reduces stress. It has also shown that being grateful helps to manage and cope with trauma and allows us to move forward from adversity.
- When we are grateful, we are often calmer within ourselves which can reduce feelings of anxiety.
I start and end my day being grateful for all that I have in my life. There is always something to be grateful for – start your list today and build on it – you may be surprised just how rich your life is when you stop and take stock.